If you've struggled to make a return on investment from Facebook Advertising, then don't worry – Sally Hendrick is here to help.
Sally is a Facebook marketing blackbelt, with a foolproof strategy to structure a campaign to get the maximum bang from your buck.
You'll learn how to break your campaign down into three main layers, to turn strangers into prospects, prospects into customers and customers into repeat customers!
Subscribe now on your favourite podcast player:
What's the 3 step process for converting people from strangers into customers?
- First, AWARENESS. Get potential customers interested in you.
- One of the first things you need to do is raise awareness about who you are and what you do. Get customers interested in you.
- After that, you need consideration and conversion… get customers involved through lead generation and authoritative copy, before converting your leads into customers.
- Generate a conversation with customers tell a STORY about why you are passionate about what you do, and why you have a lot to offer in your field. This is your first set of ads, raising awareness. I like to do 3-5 videos to build trusting audiences.
- I do a different ad set for each video so I can test the difference. If you put everything under the same ad set you avoid facebook making decisions about your ads for you and you can do a true split test.
- I just run these videos at this stage. Ill target audiences who watch as little as ten seconds of video…. These people know you enough to re-engage. My videos are usually 1 minute; never more than 2 minutes.
- Keep it concise. Don’t worry too much about the production value, just get people interested in who you are and why you do what you do. Be careful about going overboard at this stage, keep it to the point. It should feel like a status update.
Your next set of ads, consideration, gets those people that were interested to take another step…. Tell us a bit about how you make these ads…
- This is the HOW…
- Facebook will send an ad out to an audience as low as 20 people, so there is no need to hesitate before retargeting. Limit your audience to people who have watched you videos in the last 7 days then they won't get the same ads over and over again. At this stage, the frequency (and cost) increases.
- In this phase, a quick gift video or an image works best to get people to sign up for a download. Stock photos work well in this stage.
- Use a photo of you and some good copy. Try two to three different sets.
- Sometimes we do invest in advertising to cold traffic.
- The one-page checklist is really hot right now.
- You can always retarget those who went to your landing page and didn't sign up.
- You can also send a follow-up email asking people to download if they didn't.
- Provide new content in your ads, but you can use the same landing page
- You need to nurture people at this point. Use this as an opportunity to demonstrate your authority.
How do you turn leads into paying customers?
- Talk a little about what your program and clarify it for the customer. This is the WHAT phase of advertising.
- As a price point, a lot of people move into the $2-300 range at this point quite successfully. Images still work well at this point to keep the flow moving.
- You can keep pushing leads straight to this sales page. You can have a link to a video page if you want to give customers a little bit more about you, with a link back at the bottom of the page.
- An easy way to break down your advertising budget is 25% at the beginning, 50% in the middle, and 25% at the end.
A book that you would recommend…
Expert Secrets by Russell Brunson
What is your top success habit?
I get up and ready for the day rather than work in my pyjamas.
Who do you look up to?
My mother, though she passed away recently.
What are your
Facebook Ads app and the Tesla App.
Here’s the big one…who do you like more, Rob or Kennedy?
That's unfair. I have to say Rob, because I have kids with red hair.
Finally, where can folks go to find out more about you?