One of the biggest email marketing challenges is coming up with content, consistently.
Kim Doyal is a content marketing genius who has been in it since 2008. Despite having zero web development background she has built an entire brand around WordPress utilising the power of email marketing!
This episode Kim shares her processes and tips for effective email marketing…
Subscribe now on your favourite podcast player:
What is your email marketing process?
- I think the process for me is that I just got fed up with the B.S.
- I just started telling stories instead.
- My process is – what do I feel like sharing that is relevant, that has a good call to action, and that is going to serve the audience?
What's your model in terms of a call to action?
- I have a physical product that supports my content marketing and that is always going to be the end goal.
- The process is complementary and the end goal is always the sale.
Should we be emailing our list every day?
- It depends on where you are in your marketing journey.
- The first thing is to baby step your way into it.
- You have to focus on what you are providing and why you are doing it.
We're invested in people and that's what you're doing in your emails right?
- Absolutely, it's simply about making a connection.
- To me, there is a golden opportunity for someone to show up and just tell their story.
- You have to just be yourself don’t try to be someone else.
How do you transition from a story into the offer in your emails?
- I wish there was a great science for this.
- It’s easier for me to think about what I want to share and what I want to talk about before.
- For me, I wanted to master the craft of writing.
- Just don’t overthink it.
What are your top 3 angles for driving a call to action?
- Self-deprecating humor.
- The heartfelt stuff.
- A rant.
A book that you would recommend…
The Obstacle Is The Way by Ryan Holiday
What is your top success habit?
Who do you look up to?
Here’s the big one… who do you like more, Rob or Kennedy?
I can't pick, I love you both!
Finally, where can folks go to find out more about you?