How often do you have the opportunity to get really cheap traffic to your site? I mean, it's every marketer's dream, right?
Using Quora strategically is an amazing way of generating a ton of traffic to your site, as well as positioning yourself as an expert in your niche!
We pinned down the brilliant JD Prater and got him to spill the beans on the best Quora strategy to use and exactly how to make the most of the Quora ads platform…
Subscribe now on your favourite podcast player:
How do we use Quora in our business and to drive more traffic?
- Quora is a knowledge sharing platform, it’s a platform where people ask and answer questions.
- If you have knowledge about a certain topic you can go on Quora and share answers with others and link back to your website if they want to learn more.
Is there any value in linking back to your website?
- Yeah, I would say go and set up a Quora profile and that will help with rankings.
- Put your links in your profile and those links will drive traffic.
- Remember that when you answer you can’t be spammy about it. You have to be able to provide value and then lead people to your link.
What can users do to get their answers in front of more people?
- There are a couple of things, first organically you have to be consistent.
- Be a consistent writer and do it under consistent topics.
- You can also do promoted answers. The first thing is if the question isn’t on Quora ask the question about your business and then answer it and then you can pay to promote it. Then you can retarget people who have visited that question.
What are the options and advice on choosing the audience targeting for that answer promotion?
- There are two ways you can target.
- One being topics. We categorize the questions and answers by topics.
- The second is that you can target any kind of audience you want. You can do lookalike and email audiences etc.
How does Quora display ads to the user and how does that look?
- Depending on your targeting is where your ad will show up.
- If you select topic targeting the ad will only show in that topic. So someone has to be reading about that topic for the ad to show up.
- Ads can show up in the feed, in the topic and also in the email digest.
What would the ideal starting budget be for someone wanting to start their first Quora ads campaign?
- There are two answers to this. Once you put in your audience targeting we will show you your estimated weekly impressions.
- We also give you the estimated bid, we show you the floor and the ceiling of what other advertisers are bidding for this audience. We always just suggest the middle.
- We also offer Quora quick start and it’s for new advertisers. It will give you 45 days of help we help you build out your campaigns the budget we ask for that is $1000.
Where are people in the funnel when they are on Quora?
- I think of Quora is both middle and top of the funnel. People are in consideration mode.
- You can also retarget the bottom of the funnel.
What have you found works well in terms of the ad creative?
- Making your headline a question works really well. What you can do is blend your Facebook and Google ads into the copy for Quora.
- Use image ads. Depending on the placement we will make the image ad contextually relevant. Not every ad placement will show the image. It depends on what device you’re on also.
A book that you would recommend…
The Attention Merchants by Tim Wu
What is your top success habit?
I read marketing news every morning and I try to implement one new thing every day.
Who do you look up to?
What are your favourite apps right now?
Twitter, Medium and Feedly.
Here’s the big one… who do you like more, Rob or Kennedy?
I’m gonna give it to Rob for the pun.
Finally, where can folks go to find out more about you?
Just head over to Quora.com/business