I'm sure you've been on the receiving end of a killer sales funnel before, probably quite a few times actually. Some sales funnels are so slick that you don't even realise you're being put through it until you get your wallet out for the 3rd time that day!
There's no denying that creating a super tantalising sales funnel is one of the best ways to make some tidy profit from your products.
So how exactly do you go about setting up this super funnel? Or, if you already have a funnel in place, how do you take it to ultimate funnel levels?!
Well, here's Dean Holland to explain all…
- We started off with one particular type of funnel, a funnel to acquire customers.
- There are three ways to grow a business – get more customers, sell more to the customers at the point of sale, and bring those customers back for repeat purchases.
- So, these three individual funnels combine together to create the ultimate funnel.
- The first funnel to look at is how to acquire customers and bring them into your business.
- For this, we like to use a ‘free + shipping funnel’.
- If you already have some products, then you can take one of those products and use it as the front-end offer.
- Then you can have 2-3 immediate upsells that will get shown to those customers.
*The upsell should have some sort of link to your front-end offer, it’s best if you can offer something that will solve a problem. *
- The ‘order form bump’ is something that is quite commonly used now.
- When you go to an order form to purchase a product, you would normally see a small little box with a little arrow and checkbox for adding something little extra onto your order.
- Using that technique made a huge difference to the cart value of new customers for us.
- This product should be something that is quick and easy to explain and pretty low priced, you don’t have a lot of room or time to sell it – so keep it simple!
- I like to keep my one-time offers as exactly that. If someone doesn’t want to buy the upsell than that’s fine, they’ve missed the chance.
- We actually tell people upfront that this really is the only time you’re going to get this offer, you won’t get a discount in the future, this is it!
- I think that contributes a lot to the high uptake we have on those upsells. Some people won’t believe you, but most will!
- I know I probably should, but I don’t really do lots of little tests like changing colours or tiny bits of text.
- In all honesty, the best test that we EVER do to increase conversions is…strengthen the offer.
- If you strengthen your offer and make it even better that is going to beat any other changes you could do.
- You need to make sure that your offer is irresistible, and if people aren’t going for it then do some more work on it.
- I wish I knew! I’m not sure a funnel is ever finished.
- At the start of this year I said ‘this is the year of simplicity for us’.
- I had fallen into the trap over the years of over-complicating things and it meant people weren’t getting the simplified, refined solution that they want.
- I believe that every business should have their core offer, so the main thing that they want to sell.
- Then you need to have a process to funnel people into that core offer, whatever that funnel may be.
A book that you would recommend…
The E-Myth by Michael Gerber
What is your top success habit?
A bit of an odd one but…stay hydrated!
Who do you look up to?
Russel Brunson has been a big influence for me.
How do you define success?
Here the big one…who do you like more, Rob or Kennedy?
I’ve known Rob for too long, so I’m going to go with Kennedy.
Finally, where can folks go to find out more about you?
You can head over to Dean’s blog at deanholland.com for daily videos.