As I'm sure you already know ‘content is king'. But, only if you do it right!
The world of social media is a pretty noisy place to be and sometimes it can be hard to get heard.
If only you could cut through the noise, stand out and get your business in front of all the right people!
This week we had the chance to chat with some lovely local lads, Andrew and Pete, who are making waves right now in the marketing world.
So, if you're in need of some sound advice on social media content then these are the guys for you…
- The usual problem is that people use so many channels that they become overwhelmed.
- If you want to win at the social media game, you need to go hard on one dominant platform.
- Then if you want to, you can have other supporting platforms but just keep them ticking over.
- It's better to have super engagement and a big following on one channel than to have average or low engagement over all the channels.
- First, think about which channel you enjoy most and create the best content for.
- Then think about your audience, where they are and how they like to consume their content.
- Next, you want to look at the analytics, not just the vanity numbers, but which channels are converting the most for you.
- Content marketing allows you to grow audiences of potential future customers, which is something that traditional marketing maybe couldn’t do for you.
- With content marketing you can build up ‘brand equity’. You can build relationships with people over time and warm them up to your business and products.
- If you have a long-term strategy you will see more and more results over time, but you can also see instant or short-term results.
- There are two ways to stand out – you can be better or you can be different.
- If you can be better then people will start recommending you, you’ll appear on lists of great products or services.
- If you can be different then people will start talking about you, it will create a buzz about your content and people will start sharing it.
- Don’t just look at what other people in your niche are doing, instead look at the people who are killing it on your channel of choice.
- Think about how you can stand out and get people talking about your content by being creative and putting your own twist on content.
- It doesn’t end when you hit ‘publish’ on your content, it’s all about the continuous promotion.
- There are three main strategies for this – search, social and email marketing.
- Using a solid combination of these three strategies will go a long way to make sure that people will see your content.
- Listen to the full episode for Andrew and Pete’s great example of how they use these strategies.
- You need these three things to be able to manage your social media and your time.
- Task list – write down every little step of all the tasks you need to do, even if they only take you a few minutes.
- Production schedule – take all of those tasks and put them into a diary or calendar.
- Publishing schedule – create a spreadsheet or a calendar so you know when everything needs to be published.
What is your top success habit?
Andrew: Feeling the fear and doing it anyway
How do you define success?
Pete & Andrew: Happiness, money, freedom, profit (followed by lots of giggling).
Here the big one…who do you like more, Rob or Kennedy?
That was a bit too easy lads!
*WARNING* If you do check out any of the content from Andrew and Pete you should probably get ready for a binge session!